• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Did you make those, Nicolai? And, if so, I would love to hear more about the methodology - a general ingredient list anyway if possible, and about how it was cooked in the ground (coals in a pit with the food wrapped in foil? and covered with dirt? for how long?).

The food looks absolutely amazing - and has me salivating - but there is no way this woman can or will go to the Middle East to have some - so is it possible in North America to replicate it, do you think? I will start digging a hole in my backyard if it is! And I have NO problem with sitting barefoot on the dirt to eat with my fingers either.

I agree with Anna. Michelin can keep their stars. What do they know about 'real food'?

edited: forgot a 'no' in front of problem!  oops.

Deryn

Deryn

Did you make those, Nicolai? And, if so, I would love to hear more about the methodology - a general ingredient list anyway if possible, and about how it was cooked in the ground (coals in a pit with the food wrapped in foil? and covered with dirt? for how long?).

The food looks absolutely amazing - and has me salivating - but there is no way this woman can or will go to the Middle East to have some - so is it possible in North America to replicate it, do you think? I will start digging a hole in my backyard if it is! And I have problem with sitting barefoot on the dirt to eat with my fingers either.

I agree with Anna. Michelin can keep their stars. What do they know about 'real food'?

Deryn

Deryn

The food looks absolutely amazing - and has me salivating - but there is no way this woman can or will go to the Middle East to have some - so is it possible in North America to replicate it, do you think? I will start digging a hole in my backyard if it is!

Deryn

Deryn

Did you make those, Nicolai? And, if so, I would love to hear more about the methodology (a general ingredient list anyway if possible, and about how it was cooked in the ground (coals in a pit with the food wrapped in foil? and covered with dirt? for how long?).

The food looks absolutely amazing - and has me salivating - but there is no way this woman can or will go to the Middle East to have some - so is it possible in North America to replicate it, do you think? I will start digging a hole in my backyard if it is!