• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi!

Hello everyone,

My name is Serenity. I went to a Culinary Arts Program for two years but never got to finish because I moved with my family to Columbia, SC. When I went, it opened up my love for cooking. I decided to join this forum because I wanted to get more information on food and the Culinary Arts. This month I also started my own cooking blog called Sassafras and Lemongrass at http://sassafrasandlemongrass.com . It is my first venture into combining two of my loves which is writing and cooking. I look forward to making friends and learning a lot on here. Have a good day!

• Like 1

Serenity

Sassafras and Lemongrass (my cooking blog and domain)

Hi Serenity,

Are you still in Columbia, SC? I lived there for a while when I was a kid and my dad worked for Honeywell.

Please let us know what your areas of most interest are. Whatever they are, I am sure you'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people here who are willing to share ideas and help.

Welcome to eGullet!

Edited by Thanks for the Crepes (log)

> ^ . . ^ <

No. I moved up to Morgantown, WV. I have some health issues and we moved up here to be closer to the doctors that I needed to see. I like different cuisines like: Japanese, Chinese, Italian, French, Hungarian (I'm a 1/4 Hungarian)... I also like to make bread and pizzas/calzones by hand. Thanks for the welcome!

• Like 2

Serenity

Sassafras and Lemongrass (my cooking blog and domain)

Welcome @serenityh,

Looking forward to learning more about your cooking through the forum.  For me one of eGullet's strengths is the diversity of cuisines the members bring and share.  Hope you find some new things that inspire you, I'm sure many of us will enjoy your contributions. 

• Like 1