• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rajala

Rajala

I made my first batch of pate de fruit today. Pretty satisfied with the result, however, I feel like the texture isn't smooth enough. I did use pectin NH, maybe different pectins can give you different texture?

Suggestions on how to make it smoother? I followed a recipe from Boiron posted in this thread. The blackcurrant one.

image.png.70134e26919c0de3287f2c856ede2ab5.png

Bonus question for anyone that might now the answer; the same guide suggests to use pear puree if you want to do a lemon pate de fruite, can it be done without? Same thing with mango (apricot instead of pear.) Don't have any pear/apricot puree. :( 

Rajala

Rajala

I made my first batch of pate de fruite today. Pretty satisfied with the result, however, I feel like the texture isn't smooth enough. I did use pectin NH, maybe different pectins can give you different texture?

Suggestions on how to make it smoother? I followed a recipe from Boiron posted in this thread. The blackcurrant one.

image.png.70134e26919c0de3287f2c856ede2ab5.png

Bonus question for anyone that might now the answer; the same guide suggests to use pear puree if you want to do a lemon pate de fruite, can it be done without? Same thing with mango (apricot instead of pear.) Don't have any pear/apricot puree. :(