• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bentley

Bentley

So I was doing some research, and I came across a recipe from Valrhona that called for the PDF to be piped into a bonbon.  The recipe called for the PDF to be cooked and set, then put in a food processor with some Absolu Cristal, a glaze made by Valrhona.  The ingredients for Absolu Cristal are listed as water, sugar, glucose syrup, pectin, carageenan and citric acid.  

I wonder if you could just add a little corn syrup (and maybe a little bit of water) to the PDF to get a similar same effect.  You get a liquifier without adding much water and should have little effect on shelf life.   

(and BTW Jim, I have seen in other posts by Kate that she generally does clean the excess cocoa butter from the molds before filling them).

Bentley

Bentley

So I was doing some research, and I came across a recipe from Valrhona that called for the PDF to be piped into a bonbon.  The recipe called for the PDF to be cooked and set, then put in a food processor with some Absolu Cristal, a glaze made by Valrhona.  The ingredients for Absolu Cristal are listed as water, sugar, glucose syrup, pectin, carageenan and citric acid.  

I wonder if you could just add a little corn syrup (and maybe a little bit of water) to the PDF to get a similar same effect.  You get a liquifier without adding much water and should have little effect on shelf life.   

Bentley

Bentley

I wonder if you could just add a little glucose syrup (and maybe a little bit of water) to the PDF to get a similar same effect.