• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making perfect chocolate discs

Hi all :) So I've been asked by a customer to make chocolate discs/medallions for their sacher torte (i have no idea why they're not doing it themselves). So...I need the means to make perfect and consistent sized chocolate discs. I've seen the Matfer kit and may well get that at some point as i'll need to produce abotu 200 per week (bit much for a cookie cutter!) - but in the meantime..I know there are template mats you can get that will do much the same job - but I can't find them!

Any ideas on where to get them in teh UK? It's basically a silicone mat with holes cut out of it rather than a mould (which is what keeps coming up in searches)

Anyone? :)

Budding, UK based chocolatier .....or at least..that's the plan 

1 minute ago, curls said:

Have you tried searching for "chablon"? That might get you some better results. Good luck.

I love this forum....... :)

THANK YOU!!! 

• Like 3

Budding, UK based chocolatier .....or at least..that's the plan