• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help me to identify this!

thonarkan

Over in the Soup topic, @Darienne complimented my dishes and to avoid going off topic over there, I'll reply here...

28 minutes ago, Darienne said:

Soup looks good.  Dishes look glorious.

Thank you!  They were my grandmother's wedding dishes.  A Staffordshire flow blue pattern named Watteau.  

IMG_6656.thumb.jpg.dc87b578da11be0a015b8aedafa58635.jpg

The shallow soup bowls are a nice size - not too big.  In addition to the bowls, there are dinner plates, luncheon plates and salad plates.  Sadly, just a few cups and saucers and a number of serving pieces.  

I wish I had more of these dishes but I'll enjoy the ones I have!

• Like 7

The Staffordshire is worth some dollars, the other set is worth sentimental value.

The other set does indeed look like home paint pottery - tons of it around, and not very desirable in today's market.

Edited by Cronker (log)

• 1 year later...

I'm in the process of cataloging kitchen items in my FIL's kitchen for donation, hopefully to local shelters to help people who are starting to live independently.  I am not sure what the pan pictured below is. My best guess is s deep dish pie pan but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me with this?

20190224_123739.jpg

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

I'm in the process of cataloging kitchen items in my FIL's kitchen for donation, hopefully to local shelters to help people who are starting to live independently.  I am not sure what the pan pictured below is. My best guess is s deep dish pie pan but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me with this?

Looks like a basin to me.

12 hours ago, Porthos said:

20190224_123739.jpg

Can you post pictures of the bottom, or interior, or else give measurements? Does it have any markings? I agree with @lindag that it doesn't look like a deep-dish pie pan. It reminds me a bit of an aluminum bowl my grandmother used to use for her bean-snapping, although that was smaller than yours appears to be. It also reminds me of one half of the Wearever pan set she had, where one pan fit atop another to make a lid for a Dutch oven.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

@Smithy Exact measurement to come; they're on my laptop. i can tell you that it's a Wearever and approximately 9 1/2" x 2".

ETA: It shows signs of use in the build-up of polymerized oils on the edges.

Edited by Porthos (log)

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

If there's no sign of a handle ever being on it, it was probably not meant for saute-ing ... cold it be an insert to something else, such as this bun-warmer?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wear-Ever-Monkey-Lidded-Bun-Warmer-Pot-With-Chimp-Handles-And-Oil-Heater-170/173779889594

Edited by pastrygirl (log)

On 2/27/2019 at 11:48 AM, Smithy said:

Can you post pictures of the bottom, or interior, or else give measurements? Does it have any markings? I agree with @lindag that it doesn't look like a deep-dish pie pan. It reminds me a bit of an aluminum bowl my grandmother used to use for her bean-snapping, although that was smaller than yours appears to be. It also reminds me of one half of the Wearever pan set she had, where one pan fit atop another to make a lid for a Dutch oven.

Does it say #802 on the bottom?

Ebay has a few items which look similar to yours. Most of the listings describe it as a deep dish cake pan:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wear-Ever-Heavy-Aluminum-9-Deep-Dish-Pie-Cake-Pan-802-Made-in-USA/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wear-Ever-Aluminum-Heavy-Deep-Pie-Cake-Insert-Pan-No-802-USA/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WearEver-heavy-duty-aluminum-deep-dish-bowl-cake-pan-802/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Where did you find this one? was there no identifying description with the photo? Do that reverse Google thingie and see where the photo originated.

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett

4 hours ago, caroled said:

Where did you find this one? was there no identifying description with the photo? Do that reverse Google thingie and see where the photo originated.

i screenshoted the image from a YouTube clip so unfortunately no description of any kind☹️

6 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

What is so special about it?

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t know what’s good or bad about this frying pan yet because I haven’t been able to find it on the Internet and see reviews. But almost all the Korean YouTube channels I watch use this frying pan and pot and it looks like it cooks really well, whereas mine are all useless. So if I can find it on the Internet I’ll be able to see whether it’s worth a buy or not.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thisemmygirl said:

[A]lmost all the Korean YouTube channels I watch use this frying pan and pot and it looks like it cooks really well, whereas mine are all useless. So if I can find it on the Internet I’ll be able to see whether it’s worth a buy or not.

9 hours ago, thisemmygirl said:

i screenshoted the image from a YouTube clip so unfortunately no description of any kind☹️

Those YouTubers also have Instagram accounts where you can communicate with them. I would just ask one or more of the them, "Where can I buy this pan?" It seems like the pan is popular, so probably you can buy one, too.

That pan looks kind of thick, so that might be why people like it. If your pans are "useless," maybe they're too thin and are burning stuff. There are lots of different pans that can help you get good results.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thisemmygirl said:

UPDATE: I FOUND IT!

Just when I thought I’d have to go back to Korea to buy it, I went to a Korean grocery store I often go to and found one omelette pan with the exact same design so I flipped it over and it had written ‘Oslo made in Korea’.

http://mg.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=1104208406

Yay!  What wonderful luck.  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I'm seeking help in identifying a set of flatware we have, which came with no box.  I have searched the internet but to no avail.  It's not vintage, but I cannot seem to find this same mark on any other flatware.  Anyone out there have an idea?

32c62afc8b3943b99d1cc4537ad01dde_A.jpeg

I wonder if you sent that image/picture to Replacements, along with a picture of the flatware (maybe a set if you  have one so they can see spoons, knives, etc) they might be able to identify it?

• Like 3