• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scott123

scott123

I tend to use the old fashioned 16 ounce glass peanut butter jars for a lot of other stuff- salt, hand blended pickled jalapenos, chunks of romano and reggiano, etc. etc. I don't break them too frequently, but over the years, I've lost a few and, because everything is in plastic now, I'm having a hard time replenishing my stock.

Shoprite sells natural peanut butter for $2.49, but, I'm not much of a fan, so I'd pretty much be paying $2.49 for a jar, which seems kind of outrageous to me.  Does anyone have leads for anything cheaper?  The open mouth/straight walls are pretty important to me.

Edit: I'm also looking for straight walled 32 oz. jars also.  Fattal's in Patterson sells their tahini in those- at least they did, and the wide mouth makes them about a hundred times easier to wash than the old 32 oz. mayo jars.

scott123

scott123

I tend to use the old fashioned 16 ounce glass peanut butter jars for a lot of other stuff- salt, hand blended pickled jalapenos, chunks of romano and reggiano, etc. etc. I don't break them too frequently, but over the years, I've lost a few and, because everything is in plastic now, I'm having a hard time replenishing my stock.

Shoprite sells natural peanut butter for $2.49, but, I'm not much of a fan, so I'd pretty much be paying $2.49 for a jar, which seems kind of outrageous to me.  Does anyone have leads for anything cheaper?  The open mouth/straight walls are pretty important to me.

scott123

scott123

Shoprite sells natural peanut butter for $2.49, but, I'm not much of a fan, so I'd pretty much be paying $2.49 for a jar, which seems pretty outrageous to me.  Does anyone have leads for anything cheaper?  The open mouth/straight walls are pretty important to me.

scott123

scott123

I tend to use the old fashioned 16 ounce glass PB jars for a lot of other stuff- salt, hand blended pickled jalapenos, chunks of romano and reggiano, etc. etc. I don't break them too frequently, but over the years, I've lost a few and, because everything is in plastic now, I'm having a hard time replenishing my stock.

Shoprite sells natural peanut butter for $2.49, but, I'm not much of a fan, so I'd pretty much be paying $2.49 for a jar, which seems pretty outrageous to me.  Does anyone have leads for anything cheaper?  The open mouth/straight walls are pretty important to me.

scott123

scott123

I tend to use the old fashioned 16 ounce glass PB jars for a lot of other stuff- salt, hand blended pickled jalapenos, chunks of romano and reggiano, etc. etc. I don't break them too frequently, but over the years, I've lost a few and, because everything is in plastic now, I'm having a hard time replenishing my stock.

Shoprite sells natural peanut butter for $2.48

scott123

scott123

Shoprite sells natural peanut butter for $2.48