• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Say hello from Việt Nam!

Hello all of you, guys. I'm from Việt Nam, a small and peaceful country on the South East of Asean.

Like as almost member in here, I love "Cuisine", I like reading and watching about it on the internet, even I don't know about how to make it or I can't make it. I also own a personal blog about cuisine and It include all of my favourite food and the method to cook it, you can visit it at here :).

I incidentally see our forum via google, although my English is not really good, but I kindly want to discuss with everybody about delicious food and drink from all over the world. Please feel free to help me if I have any question.

Thank and nice to meet all of you!

Edited by Pham Tat Thanh (log)
  • Like 10

Skip it if you be uncomfortable, this is my cuisine blog: Tiin24. Thank you!

Good to meet you! I look forward to learning about Vietnamese cuisine as well, as it is something I enjoy. You will find many members here with skills in many different areas, and all of them are happy to answer questions for you.

Welcome!

• Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Welcome @Pham Tat Thanh, I too am very interested in hearing your take on Vietnamese food, ingredients and preparation. We have members from all over the world, and it's always exciting to me when someone from so far away from me joins the community. :)

I know practically nothing about Vietnamese cuisine, but I will be eager to answer any question you may have in an area where I do have knowledge.

I enjoyed your post in the Lunch thread, and I would love to partake of your good-looking dishes. Question? Your photo looks like what I would call broccoli, but you described it as boiled cauliflower, I think. Is that what is called cauliflower in your area? Here it looks like this. I like both vegetables, but I much prefer cauliflower, as I know it, roasted with a little oil as opposed to boiled.

• Like 1

> ^ . . ^ <

On 19/4/2016 at 3:42 PM, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Welcome @Pham Tat Thanh, I too am very interested in hearing your take on Vietnamese food, ingredients and preparation. We have members from all over the world, and it's always exciting to me when someone from so far away from me joins the community. :)

I know practically nothing about Vietnamese cuisine, but I will be eager to answer any question you may have in an area where I do have knowledge.

I enjoyed your post in the Lunch thread, and I would love to partake of your good-looking dishes. Question? Your photo looks like what I would call broccoli, but you described it as boiled cauliflower, I think. Is that what is called cauliflower in your area? Here it looks like this. I like both vegetables, but I much prefer cauliflower, as I know it, roasted with a little oil as opposed to boiled.

Thank you very much because of read my comment, In my country we not distinguish between broccoli and cauliflower clearly, so we just call it in commonly is cauliflower ^^. But really useful with me when I can know this word :D

• Like 2

On 18/4/2016 at 10:04 PM, KennethT said:

hi Pham, and welcome!  My wife and I recently had a wonderful holiday eating our way around Saigon, which I wrote about here:

I look forward to your comments!

It's so great when you can write so detail about my country's food. Maybe, you ate more Vietnamese food than me :-P. Just joking but, I'm really happy when can see familiar Vietnamese foods on a Foreign website. I have nothing to can criticize in your post, but maybe there is a little missing in a Vietnamese food name

20151227_083350.jpg

this is Bò Sốt Vang not Bo Kho :D, It's always difficult for any foreign want to learn Vietnamese language :D but I can see you wrote Vietnamese food name very exactly, you asked Vietnamese people in there or learn it from internet?

Thoughout the article, I can see you seems very like Pho Tai Nam and rau muong. It's very popular dishes in here, I often get them in my breakfast, lunch or dinner :).

I have a new dish for you, It's also a Vietnamese dish. And It's Vietnamese name is Bún xào mê, or Fried Noddle. :D Nice day for you!

cach-lam-bun-xao-me-ngon-gion-7.jpg?w=60

Sorry Because of my english is restricted so I can't explain how to cook it. If you feel interested, you can go and see it in here. But you must translate it into English if want to can understand, sorry about that.

• Like 2

@Pham Tat Thanh Thanks for your comments.  I try very hard to learn the names of different foods before we travel to any place.  Besides, I love the food in Vietnam, so it is easy to learn!  I am sorry if I mis-named the beef stew.  I can only blame the hotel, as they called it Bo Kho on their menu!  Thank you for the fried noodle dish link.  Very interesting!  It seems like it is a pancake made from noodles.  Looks very tasty!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

@Pham Tat Thanh Thanks for your comments.  I try very hard to learn the names of different foods before we travel to any place.  Besides, I love the food in Vietnam, so it is easy to learn!  I am sorry if I mis-named the beef stew.  I can only blame the hotel, as they called it Bo Kho on their menu!  Thank you for the fried noodle dish link.  Very interesting!  It seems like it is a pancake made from noodles.  Looks very tasty!

Yep, you are so great when can remember so much our Vietnamese dish name :D

• Like 1

Welcome. I to like the food from your country. I once lived in a place that had a large population from Vietnam. I would go early to the bakery on Sunday's and enjoy the coffee and treats sitting around the table with some old guys like me. 

Had few dishes that were not well described but were Chinese (ethnic folks from Vietnam) adaptations I suppose. We have quite a few Vietnamese restaurants in Houston, Texas area. Some here are in the top 100 list too.

I do not cook asian recipes very often, so I am looking forward to ones you share. Mong muốn của chúng tôi tốt nhất cho bạn.

• Like 3

On 21/4/2016 at 6:10 AM, Slick said:

Welcome. I to like the food from your country. I once lived in a place that had a large population from Vietnam. I would go early to the bakery on Sunday's and enjoy the coffee and treats sitting around the table with some old guys like me. 

Had few dishes that were not well described but were Chinese (ethnic folks from Vietnam) adaptations I suppose. We have quite a few Vietnamese restaurants in Houston, Texas area. Some here are in the top 100 list too.

I do not cook asian recipes very often, so I am looking forward to ones you share. Mong muốn của chúng tôi tốt nhất cho bạn.

Thank you Slick. Do you like Pho or beef noudle soup? It's quite popular in my country. You can search it on the internet, it's quite easy for you to cook at home :)

• Like 1