• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

okay okay okay.

depending on who-where-when--what-why-how

a ground up hot dog likely may not be different than bologna.

I once had a discussion with a dude who insisted that a 'sauce bolognaise'  was totally utterly meat frree.

so - any undefined 'sunday gravy / sunday sauce' could have some / all / any kind of yum-yums included.

there are / is exceedingly few "foodstuffs" of any kind which have one and only one definition.

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

okay okay okay.

depending on who-where-when--what-why-how

I once had a discussion with a dude who insisted that a 'sauce bolognaise'  was totally utterly meat frree.

so - any undefined 'sunday gravy / sunday sauce' could have some / all / any kind of yum-yums included.

there are / is exceedingly few "fgoodstuffs" of any kind which have one and only one definition.

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

okay okay okay.

depending on who-where-what-why-how

there are / is exceedingly few "fgoodstuffs" of any kind which have one and only one definition.