• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Inside Heston's world

rotuts

rotuts - How do you get it to work? Do you have to use VPN or something similar?

I signed up (which I hate to have to do just to find out something doesn't work, leaving my info exposed and me with no joy) but though it looks as though it will work, it just goes black. Seems as though too that, like PBS (and BBC I believe) they only leave the shows up for x amount of time and then they are gone so it wanted to start at Episode 2 for me - but even that doesn't work. Too bad because they have a whole pile of food shows available right now apparently.

There are a lot of good food shows out of the UK and Australia. I would rather watch them than most from North America.

Edited by Deryn (log)

I can't tell youi much

I asked for me to turn off my ad-blocker-+ then it played.

I also have them on my Hard Disc, but that's another matter.

I wonder if indeed the Fat Duck has closed, and more importantly why.

nothing wrong with " tasty "  gossip.

smiley-money-mouth.gif

there are a huge number of outstanding cooking shows from down Under

the best  and its have several years worth is

Food Safari.    Ive learned more from that show than any other on ethnic cuisine of all type.

the host and the 'chef' go into enthnic markets and tell you what to by even if the items are not in English

its the same stuff shipped world wide.  love the show.

Edited by rotuts (log)

I got no messages at all. Looked as though the segment was loading then just went black. I did just turn off my popup blocker (thanks for that note) and I got the preview to run (but it is very short) and another program (not Heston) seems to run also - but when I try the Heston 1st or 2nd segments I now see they show 0;00 as the time left to play once the loading whirligig thing in the middle of the screen has stopped spinning, and yet the 2nd at least should be viewable for the next 16 days. Frustrating. :( But thanks anyway.

Edited by Deryn (log)

The series screened recently here on pay TV, but my black box decided that two episodes was enough and didn't record the last two!

But it was quite a nice look at the challenges of bringing something like the Duck to the other side of the world while rebuilding the original.

I missed out on the ballot for places while it was in Oz, unfortunately.  It's one I'd very much like to add to my list of special restaurants I've eaten at.

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

Both episodes of Heston's world have been on You Tube for two days, played fine when I tried just now. No doubt they will be taken down as soon as the copyright holder becomes aware. 

• Like 1