• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Processors - jump from home to commercial

gfron1

If my Cuisinart DLC-7 ever died I'm not sure what I would replace it with.  Though unless it's susceptible to virus I don't think there is a risk.  I don't use the Cuisinart nearly as much as I once did.  I use it perhaps once every week or two.  I found I could make oat flour by flocking groats in my Ankarsrum then pulsing a time or two in the Cuisinart.  Same should work for farro.

I don't have a blender, nor do I want one.  My commercial Waring Spice Grinder does most of what I would want a blender for.  With all respect I don't believe any blender will prepare a nut butter as smooth to the tongue (or to a grind gauge) as my Premier melanger:

https://www.melangers.com/collections/table-top-refiners

And even if you ask it nicely a blender will not homogenize.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

8 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

If my Cuisinart DLC-7 ever died I'm not sure what I would replace it with.  Though unless it's susceptible to virus I don't think there is a risk.  I don't use the Cuisinart nearly as much as I once did.  I use it perhaps once every week or two.  I found I could make oat flour by flocking groats in my Ankarsrum then pulsing a time or two in the Cuisinart.  Same should work for farro.

I don't have a blender, nor do I want one.  My commercial Waring Spice Grinder does most of what I would want a blender for.  With all respect I don't believe any blender will prepare a nut butter as smooth to the tongue (or to a grind gauge) as my Premier melanger:

https://www.melangers.com/collections/table-top-refiners

And even if you ask it nicely a blender will not homogenize.

You have the best toys.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1