• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

I bought two of the big Cuisinart processors when I was still catering.  Used one a lot but only used the other sporadically.  Haven't used it for a few years. 

I think they are 20 cup capacity.  I got them at a discount and it took the best part of 1K in about '88 - '90.

DLC-XPlus  1.5 HP direct drive motor.  Bowl is 8" in diameter, 5 1/4" deep.  

I never found a task these would not handle and I put the one through a lot of tough stuff.  grated a lot of very hard cheese.  I don't think I ever used the grating blades on the other one.

A chef friend showed me how to work around the necessity of having the inner feed tube locked in place but I have forgotten how and anyways, in this unit the feed tube is large enough that I never found it necessary to bypass the safety switch.  

andiesenji

andiesenji

I bought two of the big Cuisinart processors when I was still catering.  Used one a lot but only used the other sporadically.  Haven't used it for a few years. 

I think they are 20 cup capacity.  I got them at a discount and it took the best part of 1K in about '88 - '90.

I never found a task these would not handle and I put the one through a lot of tough stuff.  grated a lot of very hard cheese.  I don't think I ever used the grating blades on the other one.

A chef friend showed me how to work around the necessity of having the inner feed tube locked in place but I have forgotten how and anyways, in this unit the feed tube is large enough that I never found it necessary to bypass the safety switch.