• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Toliver

M&M's - The Discussion

30 posts in this topic

A new M&M premiering next year:

"M&M's gets a trendy new filling: Caramel"

For the first time in the 75-year history of the brand, the candy company is embracing a caramel filling that will become a permanent member of the M&M family.

Sign me up! I love caramel. Can't wait to try them.

3 people like this

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

I forgot this thread existed.

M&M's has announced another new "permanent" flavor: White Chocolate (click for the article)

Today, BrandEating reported that White Chocolate M&M's are now available year-round. This is noteworthy because for a long time, this M&M's flavor would only come to store shelves during certain times of year.

I haven't seen them in the local stores, yet.

My boss recently vacationed in Memphis, Tennessee, and said he found a new flavor there called "Roasted Honeynut" M&M's. He said he liked the Caramel M&M's better.

2 people like this

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

We recently tried a couple of their other new flavors, caramel and coffee. The caramel was not impressive at all and certainly not one we would buy again. The caramel wasn't chewy and was actually somewhat dry, this could have been because the quantity was so small became overwhelmed by the chocolate and coding.

The coffee on the other hand was much better and tasted kind of like espresso beans but a little smoother because of the chocolate. This is when we would consider buying again.

1 person likes this

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Yep ! tried the coffee, and liked it :P

1 person likes this

While I'm crazy for peanuts in any form I find I prefer the pretzel M&Ms.  I've noticed that occasionally the peanuts in the Peanut M&Ms can become a tad rancid tasting; maybe I stored them too long.

In may somewhat remote area we don't get many of the new and novel kinds.

1 person likes this