• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I'm with @liuzhou, I'd pour some into a pretty little glass and serve after dinner with some walnuts, dried fruit and maybe a shortbread or other not too sweet cookie.

You could use a splash to deglaze the pan and flavor a sauce when cooking pork or poultry.  Maybe soak some raisins or prunes in it and include them in a dish.

Pour a little over a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream for dessert.

Maybe pour a little into a flute and top with a nice sparkling cider. 

Of course, you could also try it in a cocktail that calls for apple brandy like a Jack Rose or Apple Cart, but that would be sort of a waste if it's lovely by itself.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I'm with @liuzhou, I'd pour some into a pretty little glass and serve after dinner with some walnuts, dried fruit and maybe a shortbread or other not too sweet cookie.

You could use a splash to deglaze the pan and flavor a sauce when cooking pork or poultry.  Maybe soak some raisins or prunes in it and include them in a dish.

Maybe pour a little into a flute and top with a nice sparkling cider. 

Of course, you could also try it in a cocktail that calls for apple brandy like a Jack Rose or Apple Cart, but that would be sort of a waste if it's lovely by itself.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

You could use a splash to deglaze the pan and flavor a sauce when cooking pork or poultry.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin