• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sounds like "Sidari"? Roasted Red Pepper help.

Iggy

I'm hoping someone here has heard of a brand of Roasted Red Peppers that may or may not be produced anymore but sounds like "Sidari". There was a Deli back in Jersey who made these sandwiches with roasted red peppers, fresh mozz and basil on a Italian roll with some balsamic vinegar. The've apparently switched to La Fede (which makes me wonder if the 'Sidari' brand is no longer) but I'm more interested in the old brand as that was what I was used to. Anyway, I've tried Cedari, Sedari, and other variations of the spelling to no avail on Google so . . . anyone know? 

Thanks in advance!

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

On 3/24/2016 at 2:03 PM, SylviaLovegren said:

You can't ask at the deli?

No need as the spelling was verified by the Deli as Sidari. :)  I didn't want to call and challenge her on it so I figured I'd bug you good people instead. 

• Like 1

Thanks Bruce, 

I spoke to both Sidari's Italian Foods & Bellissimo. Neither of them know of any brand specifically called Sidari for roasted red peppers. Oh well. I appreciate everyones help. 

Were these whole roasted red peppers or in the form of a relish?

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

On 4/1/2016 at 3:50 AM, JohnT said:

Were these whole roasted red peppers or in the form of a relish?

No, I'm fairly certain they were ordered in #10 cans and had some kind of marinade or oil. Pieces were usually fairly large and had to be cut to make the sandwich as seen in my avatar. 

Iggy, your avatar is so small that I cannot actually see what is in your bread roll! The reason I was asking is that I was given a recipe for Ajvar last week by a Macedonian friend of mine. It is a relish served with ćevapčići, which is a really tasty uncased type of sausage/patty from the old Chez area and now appears to be spreading through Central Europe. The main ingredient in Ajvar is roasted red sweet peppers with some roasted eggplant, garlic and herbs in an evoo base. I am making it tomorrow for dinner of ćevapčići. I thought it may be similar to what you were looking for. John.

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.