• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Posted (edited)

The "special this week" aisle has struck again.

20190817_185328.thumb.jpg.df4553e78e14a5a6f6f8e31dd8689208.jpg

20190817_185337.thumb.jpg.5710effbeea1948842411aec30cae305.jpg

Now, I don't NEED a quesadilla maker. But it was $12.99. And I figure I can use corn tortillas and some interesting fillings and come up with some good gluten free sandwiches. 

Bought figs at the Farmers Market today. Fig and blue cheese quesadillas?

Edited by kayb (log)
  • Like 7

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

3 hours ago, kayb said:

The "special this week" aisle has struck again.

20190817_185328.thumb.jpg.df4553e78e14a5a6f6f8e31dd8689208.jpg

20190817_185337.thumb.jpg.5710effbeea1948842411aec30cae305.jpg

Now, I don't NEED a quesadilla maker. But it was $12.99. And I figure I can use corn tortillas and some interesting fillings and come up with some good gluten free sandwiches. 

Bought figs at the Farmers Market today. Fig and blue cheese quesadillas?

I looked at one of these in the local Goodwill store and passed it by, being of strong sales resistance at the time. If you show some great results, I might be tempted to go see if it's still there. :D Enable me, please!

• Haha 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Our Aldi started carrying a chocolate bar containing crushed pretzels. Way to bulk up the bar with flour and salt rather than expensive chocolate and nuts.

Darn it, it was pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

5 hours ago, haresfur said:

Our Aldi started carrying a chocolate bar containing crushed pretzels. Way to bulk up the bar with flour and salt rather than expensive chocolate and nuts.

Darn it, it was pretty good.

At least in New Jersey, where I live, if someone puts flour in a chocolate bar you don't have to pay tax on it.

• Like 2