• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

There were no bargains on familiar products or brands, and no quirky interesting novelties to pursue. 

I think that was my reaction on the first visit as well, but once you try some of the items you discover that many of them are quite good and do represent good bargains.

Here are a few examples. At first, I was getting their Savoritz brand imitation Triscuits and thought they were great, but soon tried the rosemary & olive oil and loved it. I have never seen that flavor Triscuit. The Happy Farms Cheeses and Friendly Farms milk and cream are a good bargain too

I was going to mention the hamburg and hot dog rolls at 89 cents to you, rotuts ,but I see you got them.

HC

IMG_0223.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

There were no bargains on familiar products or brands, and no quirky interesting novelties to pursue. 

I think that was my reaction on the first visit as well, but once you try some of the items you discover that many of them are quite good and do represent good bargains.

Here are a few examples. At first, I was getting their Savoritz brand imitation Triscuits and thought they were great, but soon tried the rosemary & olive oil and loved it. I have never seen that flavor Triscuit. The Happy Farms Cheeses and Friendly Farms milk and cream are a good bargain too.

HC

IMG_0223.JPG