• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

We use a lot of cream; 3 to 4 pints per week.

I do buy ultra-pasteurized cream at Aldi because it's actually Byrne Dairy/Ultra Dairy brand (Plant #36-8580) priced less than the Byrne Dairy labeled cream at Sam's Club and the like.

Aldi's 'Country Creamery' cream is $1.69 for a pint; a quart of Byrne Dairy labeled cream is $4.12 at Sam's, a bit more elsewhere.

But, we stopped to buy some last Tuesday (I usually buy 12 at a time) and they were out! >:( The store manager said they've ordered it but haven't been able to get it recently. :(

I much prefer 'real' cream from a 'real' dairy but that's a 70 mile round-trip that we can't justify very often.

I also, occasionally, buy some Kerrygold cheeses at Aldi but there were none in stock.

Aldi's 'Carlini' extra-light-tasting, alleged, 'olive oil' is another product I also buy occasionally - it's very mild so I use it to make mayo - but they were out of that too!

So we left the store empty-handed this trip. :|

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I do buy ultra-pasteurized cream at Aldi because it's actually Byrne Dairy/Ultra Dairy brand (Plant #36-8580) priced less than the Byrne Dairy labeled cream at Sam's Club and the like.

Aldi's 'Country Creamery' cream is $1.69 for a pint; a quart of Byrne Dairy labeled cream is $4.12 at Sam's, a bit more elsewhere.

But, we stopped to buy some last Tuesday (I usually buy 12 at a time) and they were out! >:( The store manager said they've ordered it but haven't been able to get it recently. :(

I much prefer 'real' cream from a 'real' dairy but that's a 70 mile round-trip that we can't justify very often.

I also, occasionally, buy some Kerrygold cheeses at Aldi but there were none in stock.

Aldi's 'Carlini' extra-light-tasting, alleged, 'olive oil' is another product I also buy occasionally - it's very mild so I use it to make mayo - but they were out of that too so we left the store empty-handed this trip. :|

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Aldi's 'Carlini' extra-light-tasting, alleged, 'olive oil' is another product I also buy occasionally - it's very mild so I use it to make mayo - but they were out of that too so we left the store empty handed. :|