• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

I would also like to add that in the summer months, Aldi has whole watermelons at less that half the price of any nearby store. As a result, I always have watermelon in the fridge all summer long, something that used to be a complete luxury years ago is now a "pantry staple". I cut it up into sticks for easy eating on the boat, at the beach or on the road.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

I would also like to add that in the summer months, Aldi has whole watermelons at less that half the price of any nearby store. As a result, I always have watermelon in the fridge all summer long, something that used to be a complete luxury years ago is now a "pantry item". I cut it up into sticks foe easy eating on the boat, at the beach or on the road.

HC