• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Mayo Test Result :

Hellman's   and Aldi's  ( Burman's )

virtually identical.  and Ive had a few jugs of Hellman's in my life  ( and BestFoods, but none of that in my area )

Burman's is a little little little bit looser  :  at Room Temp  :  if you tilt a Hellman's Jar, the Mayo will 'split' along a 'fracture line'  try it

Bermans does not.  Id say you add any 1 - 2 molecules of anything to either one  ( i.e. make something with them ) you will not be able to tell the difference

Im trying both 'straight up'  on some crispy Tot's tonight   they will be both come from the refrig.

so   .... no need to seek out the BiAnnual  Hellmans sale @ 1.99   ( unless you enjoy that sort of thing )

If Aldi's is nonexistent in your area, go for the Hellman's at 1.99

I still have 3 1/2 jars of Hellman's from the last 1.99 sale   I got 10 jars at that time

rotuts

rotuts

Mayo Test Result :

Hellman's   and Aldi's  ( Burman's )

virtually identical.  and Ive had a few jugs of Hellman's in my life  ( and BestFoods, but none of that in my area )

Burman's is a little little little bit looser  :  at Room Temp  :  if you tilt a Hellman's Jar, the Mayo will 'split' along a 'fracture line'  try it

Bermans does not.  Id say you any 1 - 2 molecules of anything to either one  ( i.e. make something with them ) you will not be able to tell thedifference

Im trying both 'straight up'  on some crispy Tot's tonight   they will be both from the refrig.

so   .... no need to seek out the BiAnnual  Hellmans sale @ 1.99   ( unless you enjoy that sort of thing )

If Aldi's is nonexistent in your area, go for the Hellman's at 1.99

I still have 3 1/2 jars of Hellman's from the last 1.99 sale   I got 10 jars at that time