• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kbjesq

kbjesq

Fix typo & add comment

@rotuts Aldi's butter is $1.99/lb,  salted or unsalted, here in Florida.  We use it all the time and I've got no complaints although in occasion, I'll pick up Kerry Gold for use with toasted homemade bread 

You never disclosed the results of your recent foray into the apparently controversial World of Aldi's. What happened?

ETA:  Oops -  just saw your comment. Would love to know the juicy details. Were you robbed? Was the store ransacked? Was the food old and growing mold? Are you scarred for life? LOL 

kbjesq

kbjesq

Fix Typo

@rotuts Aldi's butter is $1.99/lb,  salted or unsalted, here in Florida.  We use it all the time and I've got no complaints although in occasion, I'll pick up Kerry Gold for use with toasted homemade bread 

You never disclosed the results of your recent foray into the apparently controversial World of Aldi's. What happened? 

kbjesq

kbjesq

@rotuts  Aldi's butter is $1.99/lb,  salted or unsalted, here in Florida.  We use it all the time and I've got no complaints although in occasion, I'll pick up Kerry Gold for use with toasted homemade bread