• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

28 minutes ago, thock said:

I'm wondering how long ago it was that those who dislike Aldi visited their local store.

I was there a couple times between Thanksgiving and Christmas; for cream and Kerry Gold Dubliner cheese.

The stores here (relatively new stores) aren't what I would call dimly lit and not really dirty overall but there are definitely nasty spots! Nastiness you won't find in other local grocery stores.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

20 minutes ago, thock said:

I'm wondering how long ago it was that those who dislike Aldi visited their local store.

I was there a couple times between Thanksgiving and Christmas, for cream and Kerry Gold Dubliner cheese.

The stores here (relatively new stores) aren't what I would call dimly lit and not really dirty overall but there are definitely nasty spots! Nastiness you won't find in other local grocery stores.