• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

gfron1

Only available in Spain

I have a good customer who is about to spend a month touring Spain. She really wants to bring me something back. In our global economy I can get most things that I can think of, or customs won't let it come back into the US. So, what items do you all know of that I can get by taking advantage of this offer? Maybe a special liquor? Some off the beaten path wine made by monks? A super special chocolate? I'm up for anything.

After my trip I wished I'd brought back more good olive oil.

I can't find the same quality here at any price.

• Like 2

~Martin :)

"Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, self-reliant homesteader, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse, curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!"

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it! 

Depending on how much she is willing to spend I would go with a high quality can of Berberechos (Galician cockles) and a small bottle of Salsa d'Espinaler to go with it.

• Like 2

We always bring back acorn liqueur.  If for no other reason than the funny squirrels on the label.  There are several brands.  

• Like 2