• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Health Checks from the Bergen Record

Rosie

It appears as if the Health Department shut them down.

Nick

I called Binghamton's twice this week. Phone just rang and rang.

Ferry was a former Lackawanna railroad boat. With sister ships Jamestown, Maplewood, Elmira, Pocono, it provided service from Hoboken to Barclay street, NY until service ended in 1967.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the inspectors decide where to inspect based on food type? This week looks like they went for Chinese and Japanese a lot. In other weeks it is fish or Italian food.

Also, more schools than usual.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I wonder if the inspectors decide where to inspect based on food type? This week looks like they went for Chinese and Japanese a lot. In other weeks it is fish or Italian food.

Also, more schools than usual.

Not possible, RP, because every municipality has its own health inspectors and they do not work together. Just a coincidence. Looks like many delis as well.

• 2 weeks later...

3/30

Yikes - they nailed Saigon Republic on a conditional.

They're not biased, they also took down a talmudic studies center and several hispanic joints. Few fish or chinese this week.

rancho gordo

The Saigon Republic one, as I understand, had to do with a water leak due to the heavy rain. The Englewood health inspector eats there all the time, I've been there when she's been.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

The Saigon Republic one, as I understand, had to do with a water leak due to the heavy rain. The Englewood health inspector eats there all the time, I've been there when she's been.

I'd say that eating where the health inspector regularly eats is a pretty good recommendation.

rancho gordo

• 1 month later...