• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kbjesq

kbjesq

clarification

I'm very impressed by the creativity and miserly (in a good way) chicken stories that I'm reading here. Store-bought rotisserie birds around here are no more than ~3 lbs, which means the spouse eats 1/2 for dinner the 1st night, and then I usually make a second meal for him of either soup, dumplings, chicken-rice casserole or a Divan-type thing for meal #2, using the 2nd half.. But rarely do I get more than 2 meals plus chicken broth made in the slow-cooker overnight with any remaining scraps and aromatics.

Oh, and the dogs get a small dinner, too. So arguably that could be meal 3 and 4?

I keep trying to convince people here that meat should be more of a condiment than the star of the meal, but my pleas generally fall on deaf ears. Welcome to the South.  :wacko:

kbjesq

kbjesq

I'm very impressed by the creativity and miserly (in a good way) chicken stories that I'm reading here. Store-bought rotisserie birds around here are no more than ~3 lbs, which means the spouse eats 1/2 for dinner the 1st night, and then I usually make a second meal for him of either soup, dumplings, chicken-rice casserole or a Divan-type thing for meal #2.. But rarely do I get more than 2 meals plus chicken broth made in the slow-cooker overnight with scraps and aromatics.

Oh, and the dogs get a small dinner, too. So arguably that could be meal 3 and 4?

I keep trying to convince people here that meat should be more of a condiment than the star of the meal, but my pleas generally fall on deaf ears. Welcome to the South.  :wacko: