• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

Not that this is a contest or anything, but I'm wondering how many meals you can stretch one roast chicken into? Sandwiches, salads, soups, etc. etc.

I started by writing a blog post about it, but I lied in the title of said blog post...

One Chicken.17 Meals.

Of course, I guess it depends on how many people you're feeding - in this case, it's Significant Eater and me.

I've also started seeking out high-quality, fresh-killed birds; I find they make quite a difference and will report what I've found out about very soon. Though this isn't one of those, it's a nice Bell & Evans organic, air-chilled bird.

56eb1e188a0d9_2016_01_232364.thumb.JPG.c

weinoo

weinoo

Not that this is a contest or anything, but I'm wondering how many meals you can stretch one roast chicken into? Sandwiches, salads, soups, etc. etc.

I started by writing a blog post about it, but I lied in the title of said blog post...

One Chicken.17 Meals.

Of course, I guess it depends on how many people you're feeding - in this case, it's Significant Eater and me.

I've also started seeking out high-quality, fresh-killed birds; I find they make quite a difference and will report what I've found out about very soon. Though this isn't one of those, it's a nice Bell & Evans organic, air-chilled bird.

56eb1e188a0d9_2016_01_232364.thumb.JPG.c