• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Smithy

eG Foodblog Fanfare

Get ready for a week of Easter preparations!   An ambitious foodblogger is taking us on a tour.  The blog is set to start this Sunday, March 20, and take us through Easter Sunday.  Here, to whet your appetite and curiosity, is a teaser photo:

Teaser1.jpg.b55060ef3a55c43a4be85f31e95d

Let the guessing begin!

• Like 12

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

I have no idea but food blogs are DA BEST!  Whoever has taken this on -- THANK YOU. 

• Like 10

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Given that it is Easter I think the photo is baccala. Franci? Unless she is too busy with her amazing cakes.

• Like 1

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

It looks sorta like salt cod but a bit more ragged around the edges than the stuff I have seen sold in stores.

2 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

It looks sorta like salt cod but a bit more ragged around the edges than the stuff I have seen sold in stores.

I agree, they do look like smaller, flatter fish than cod but it's hard to get a sense of scale :D without anything else in the picture.

Will follow and love the blog?  The dried fish...not so much. :$

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

Cheers & Chocolates

I like ElainaA's guess.

~Martin :)

"Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, self-reliant homesteader, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse, curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!"

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it! 

I guess LindaK too. But whoever it is .. I am chomping at the bit(e) to begin digesting this new blog. :)

Edited by Deryn (log)

Bring it! Always have loved the food blogs. Happy to see another one!

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

It's not me!  But of course I was very excited when I saw that photo.

Looking forward to it, whomever it is.

• Like 2

Well, a search did identify another place on eGullet where that fish photo appears, but using a search engine instead of my brain to solve a puzzle seems like cheating, doesn't it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blue_dolphin said:

Well, a search did identify another place on eGullet where that fish photo appears, but using a search engine instead of my brain to solve a puzzle seems like cheating, doesn't it?

All is fair in love, war and foodblogs!  Spit it out.

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

No no, don't spoil the fun yet! I have more teaser photos, when I get back to a computer...

• Like 1

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Right on!  Sorry @Smithy.   Has been done this way exactly before.  Perhaps the only way around it is to ask the blogger for a new photograph that has never appeared on eG. Can't wait for the blog to start. 

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog

44 minutes ago, Smithy said:

No no, don't spoil the fun yet! I have more teaser photos, when I get back to a computer...

Oh, I'm so sorry that I didn't see your post, Smithy, until I hit "submit".  I must have been going back to the original thread to make the link.  

• Like 1

Congratulatons on your sleuthing, blue_dolphin. I figured Kerry would be the first to find the original home of the image - she seems very adept at that.

I agree with Anna that perhaps a picture that has never appeared here before (but related to previous posts by the blogger to be) may be a better way to keep the excitement going for a while longer but this was, though short lived, fun nonetheless.

Eagerly awaiting the Sunday start of this new 'mystery' blog. It is bound to be fantastic! :)

(edit: to remove someone's name as it appears that may not be the correct 'answer' after all)

Edited by Deryn (log)

Teaser2.jpg.7a392c40cfd7878ad08643ddabee

Teaser3.jpg.e7f08d3fb439eac8ff8c5c5d163a

• Like 6

Soooo

Im missing a tiny bit.

UpThread, is was mentioned  that this was   { )IU%(*$&$EP%P } thread.

not so much now ?

5 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Soooo

Im missing a tiny bit.

UpThread, is was mentioned  that this was   { )IU%(*$&$EP%P } thread.

not so much now ?

I'm not sure I follow you.  Are you asking whether the blogger has been identified?  If so, I'm not answering that question...

...yet...

...but I am offering up more of the promised teaser photos.

:ph34r:

Edited by Smithy Removed extraneous 'so' (log)
  • Like 3