• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

This is another batch of hummus, made using the second half of the chickpeas I cooked earlier this week. Having an empty stove, I decided to cook fava beans for topping mature and dry, not green). A long slow swimmer, assisted with a little baking soda, gives the beans a dark color, soft texture and a rich earthy-savory flavor. Also hard boiled a couple of eggs in the same pot as the beans. Also some lemony tahini sauce. Parsley, plenty of cumin, paprika and good sharp olive oil.

DSCF5588.JPG3DSCF5587.JPG

The few remaining chickpeas where coated with a little oil and baked until browned, dried and crisp. Tossed to coat with curry powder, chili and very little sugar. Makes a nice healthy snack. It is also good with yogurt.

20160403_195844.jpg20160403_195854.jpg

shain

shain

This is another batch of hummus, made using the second half of the chickpeas I cooked earlier this week. Having an empty stove, I decided to cook fava beans for topping mature and dry, not green). A long slow swimmer, assisted with a little baking soda, gives the beans a dark color, soft texture and a rich earthy-savory flavor. Also hard boiled a couple of eggs in the same pot as the beans. Also some lemony tahini sauce. Parsley, plenty of cumin, paprika and good sharp olive oil.

The few remaining chickpeas where coated with a little oil and baked until browned, dried and crisp. Tossed to coat in curry powder, chili and a little sugar. Makes a nice healthy snack. It is also good with yogurt.

20160403_195844.jpg20160403_195854.jpg

shain

shain