• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I just want to say "well done!"

We live in difficult times and what you have done gives me hope. And infinitely more importantly will probably give these refugees hope after all hope was taken away through no fault of their own.

Your story just reinforces for me the importance of food and sharing and reaching out to others which shows the best of humanity.

(I'm not going to agree with you about the blender, though. The middle east has been making hummus for thousands of years. The blender was invented very recently.)

liuzhou

liuzhou

I just want to say "well done!"

We live in difficult times and what you have done gives me hope. And infinitely more importantly will probably give these refugees hope after all hope was taken away through no fault of their own.

Your story just reinforces for me the importance of food and sharing and reaching out to others which shows the best of humanity.