• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Thank you, Nina. Very interesting. I grew up catching and eating greyling in the Yukon (which does have clear and clean, cold lakes and streams) and while it was delicious, it was ubiquitous up there (and I was young and naïve) so I guess I didn't 'appreciate' its 'thyme-ly' nuances till now. The first fish I ever caught as a kid was a greyling.

The final dish looks amazing. Wish I had been there to try it. I am sure char (which I also love) works just as well as greyling.

Deryn

Deryn

Thank you, Nina. Very interesting. I grew up catching and eating greyling in the Yukon (which does have clear and clean, cold lakes and streams) and while it was delicious, it was ubiquitous up there (and I was young and naïve) so I guess I didn't 'appreciate' its 'thyme-ly' nuances till now.