• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi, I film traditional cooking around the world

Bo

Hi everybody :) I love traveling and local food in the countries I travel to. I believe that if one wants to learn Indian food, the best way is to learn it in India from an Indian person. The same with Vietnamese, Thai, Sri Lankan, Indonesian, Moroccan cuisine ........ And locals are always so willing to share their knowledge, they even let me film it, that I can make the amazing dish back home the very same way as they did and then I share it with others on YouTube too. The only problem is the language barrier, as sometimes ingredients in the country are new for me and the person is not able to explain to me what it is. So I simply take a picture of the ingredient and ask someone who speaks English what it is. But with some ingredients it is not so easy. For instance with flours. The photo "trick" simply doesn`t work in this case :D Especially when I was in Morocco or in India, they had sooooo many kinds of delicious flat breads and I learned and filmed preparation of loads of them. But about few of them I am not sure whether I got the right type of flour they use. And they are other things I would love to learn and clarify with you, the experienced members here. Can`t wait to learn loads of new stuff and share with you everything I learned so far for my project Authentic World Food :) 

AuthenticWorldFood.com.jpg

• Like 3