• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Just now, tanstaafl2 said:

Sadly, I wonder if it is ever NOT a busy night! Although obviously that is good for business. One of my favorite places in town (not tiki) was usually reasonably quiet early on a random Tuesday evening when it first opened but lately not so much even then. It has been getting a lot of favorable press of late and now it is getting hard for an aging boomer like me to find a seat at the bar amongst the "millennial cognoscenti". :hmmm:

Although admittedly the bar area is quite small though so it doesn't take much to make it busy.

I know what you mean. I am very happy to see a place like Polite Provisions getting most of the press outside of San Diego, because it means that the places I really like aren't as packed with "tourists"! :) 

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Sadly, I wonder if it is ever NOT a busy night! Although obviously that is good for business. One of my favorite places in town (not tiki) was usually reasonably quiet early on a random Tuesday evening when it first opened but lately not so much even then. It has been getting a lot of favorable press of late and now it is getting hard for an aging boomer like me to find a seat at the bar amongst the "millennial cognoscenti". :hmmm:

Although admittedly the bar area is quite small though so it doesn't take much to make it busy.

I know what you mean. I am very happy to see a place like Polite Provisions getting most of the press outside of San Diego, because it means that the places I really like aren't as packed with "tourists"! :) 

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse