• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Just now, tanstaafl2 said:

Sadly, I wonder if it is ever NOT a busy night! Although obviously that is good for business. One of my favorite places in town (not tiki) was usually reasonably quiet early on a random Tuesday evening when it first opened but lately not so much even then. It has been getting a lot of favorable press of late and now it is getting hard for an aging boomer like me to find a seat at the bar amongst the "millennial cognoscenti". :hmmm:

Although admittedly the bar area is quite small though so it doesn't take much to make it busy.

I know what you mean. I am very happy to see a place like Polite Provisions getting most of the press outside of San Diego, because it means that the places I really like aren't as packed with "tourists"! :) 

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Sadly, I wonder if it is ever NOT a busy night! Although obviously that is good for business. One of my favorite places in town (not tiki) was usually reasonably quiet early on a random Tuesday evening when it first opened but lately not so much even then. It has been getting a lot of favorable press of late and now it is getting hard for an aging boomer like me to find a seat at the bar amongst the "millennial cognoscenti". :hmmm:

Although admittedly the bar area is quite small though so it doesn't take much to make it busy.

I know what you mean. I am very happy to see a place like Polite Provisions getting most of the press outside of San Diego, because it means that the places I really like aren't as packed with "tourists"! :) 

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse