• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

formatting

Just now, tanstaafl2 said:

Pretty diverse collection on both the food and drink sides of the menu! Is the house "Grass Skirt" daiquiri made with Stiggins or something they infuse themselves? Presuming you know of course!

Can San Diego handle two tiki bars? Or are there even more? And did you ever get back to check out False Idol again?

There are more actually! There is at least a third place that I know of that claims to be tiki, and I should also make sure to mention the rooftop bar overlooking Petco Park (Fairweather) that doesn't have a tiki décor but has a very tiki-esque menu. And Bali Hai, of course, which is our historical tiki restaurant & bar. Tiki has infiltrated most places here! And I won't complain. :)

I am not sure about what they use in their Grass Skirt Daiquiri, but I will find out! (As a side note Stiggins makes a great Daiquiri, of course. I had one at Rumba in Seatlle before I owned a bottle.) I will be back for sure. And the food was pretty great, a nice eclectic mix; I am always happy to find bars that serve good food.

I did go back to False Idol but it was a busy night. I will have to see if I can dig up my notes/pictures.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Just now, tanstaafl2 said:

Pretty diverse collection on both the food and drink sides of the menu! Is the house "Grass Skirt" daiquiri made with Stiggins or something they infuse themselves? Presuming you know of course!

Can San Diego handle two tiki bars? Or are there even more? And did you ever get back to check out False Idol again?

There are more actually! There is at least a third place that I know of that claims to be tiki, and I should also make sure to mention the rooftop bar overlooking Petco Park(Fairweather) that doesn't have a tiki décor but has a very tiki-esque menu. And Bali Hai, of course, which is our historical tiki restaurant & bar. Tiki has infiltrated most places here! And I won't complain. :)

I am not sure about what they use in their Grass Skirt Daiquiri, but I will find out! (As a side note Stiggins makes a great Daiquiri, of course. I had one at Rumba in Seatlle before I owned a bottle.) I will be back for sure. And the food was pretty great, a nice eclectic mix; I am always happy to find bars that serve good food.

I did go back to False Idol but it was a busy night. I will have to see if I can dig up my notes/pictures.