• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

arcadiandj

Where to buy Lemon Hart 151 rum?

I am in search of the holy grail of Zombies, and I repeatedly see Lemon Hart as an ingredient. Do I need to become an archaeologist and start a dig?

As I understand it, the Hamilton rum might be the best substitute for what is nearly impossible to find now. Some backstory here.

We can get the 80 proof in Ontario these days (it's apparently bottled in Canada) - but haven't seen the 151. Perhaps at a duty free.

I don't think it's available anymore... The article that @Craig E already linked has all the info.

The Hamilton 151 is a very good substitute and is fairly easy to find. 

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:44 PM, arcadiandj said:

Arizona-Phoenix area, but am in LA here and there.

Young's Market distributes Hamilton here in AZ but I haven't seen it on a retail shelf. Some bars/restaurants, like Cowboy Ciao, have a retail license and have been willing to special order.

• Like 1