• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

A question of the OP, if I could.

Did you intend this cook-off to be about this, or about this?  Your initial post seemed to go in the direction of (or at least encompass) the second one, but so far most of the responses have pivoted to the first one, especially when talking about home-made ones. What is your intention for what this thread discusses?

Even if it is to be the first one, is it to be ONLY about Japanese renditions or facsimiles thereof?

huiray

huiray

Did you intend this cook-off to be about this, or about this?  Your initial post seemed to go in the direction of (or at least encompass) the second one, but so far most of the responses have pivoted to the first one, especially when talking about home-made ones. What is your intention for what this thread discusses?

Even if it is to be the first one, is it to be ONLY about Japanese renditions?

huiray

huiray

Did you intend this cook-off to be about this, or about this?  Your initial post seemed to go in the direction of the second one, but so far most of the responses have pivoted to the first one, especially when talking about home-made ones. What is your intention?

Even if it is to be the first one, is it to be ONLY about Japanese renditions?

huiray

huiray

Did you intend this cook-off to be about this, or about this?  Your initial post seemed to go in the direction of the second one, but so far most of the responses have pivoted to the first one, especially when talking about home-made ones. What is your intention?