• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi. New here

Print

I like to cook, but mainly I like to eat! I accidentally over cooked some country style pork ribs once. I puzzled over them for a few min. then shredded all the meat, put it in a heavy pot with BBQ sauce and simmered it for quite some time. It made the best BBQ sandwiches I ever had. Some of the best things I make start off with a misQ in the kitchen.

Anyway looking forward to interact and learn

• Like 3

Hi Print, and welcome to eGullet.

All of us here who have cooked much (and most of us have) have had mishaps in the kitchen, and try to learn from them. I once knew a wise older man who told me, "If you're not making mistakes, it means you're not doing anything." 

No matter what area of cooking you are interested in, you will find a wealth of information on this site, and people willing to discuss the nuances of it.

> ^ . . ^ <

On 2/29/2016 at 8:14 PM, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Hi Print, and welcome to eGullet.

All of us here who have cooked much (and most of us have) have had mishaps in the kitchen, and try to learn from them. I once knew a wise older man who told me, "If you're not making mistakes, it means you're not doing anything." 

No matter what area of cooking you are interested in, you will find a wealth of information on this site, and people willing to discuss the nuances of it.

Thanks