• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Silicone Baking Mats

Ketrin

Hello, we are company that produce silicone baking mats, so we were wondering can you tell us what is the best size of baking pastry mat for you, and what color is better for you to have. We are doing this research to satisfy our client's need, and of course your needs as a professional baker, cooker or simply home baking person. 

At work, we would use full sheet pan size only. My home oven will not fit a full size pan, so, I use half pans. I guess I don't care about color. I already own some Silpats, as well as purely silicone mats in pink and one in red.

Texture is a big issue for me. I like them to be totally flat, preferably shiny, for sugar work. One down side of Silpats is their texture. This project could be improved with a flat mat.

• Like 1