• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

palo

palo

9 hours ago, boilsover said:

...Historically, they can be counted on to run at least one Zwilling-Henckels, a couple All-Clads and at least one Le Creuset, and never any Demeyere, deBuyer, Bourgeat, Fissler, Falk, Paderno, Vollrath, Sitram, etc.  So I was surprised to see they even tested the Demeyere Atlantis and Paderno World Cuisine sauciers....

I would guess their choices and reviews are geared towards the mainstream of home cooks which is whom they respond to in terms of their preferences. You and I obviously have different standards and expectations.

p

palo

palo

4 hours ago, boilsover said:

...Historically, they can be counted on to run at least one Zwilling-Henckels, a couple All-Clads and at least one Le Creuset, and never any Demeyere, deBuyer, Bourgeat, Fissler, Falk, Paderno, Vollrath, Sitram, etc.  So I was surprised to see they even tested the Demeyere Atlantis and Paderno World Cuisine sauciers....

I would guess their choices and reviews are geared towards the mainstream of home cooks which is whom they respond to in terms of their preferences. Snobs like you and I obviously have different standards and expectations.

p