• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ChrisZ

ChrisZ

Looks lovely... I have wondered if I can justify the expense next time I'm in Melbourne.  Can you shed some light on the booking process - is there a waiting list, set time to finish by, etc etc?  And without wanting to be too rude, I'm also curious about the realistic cost of such a meal...

FWIW I have enjoyed reading recent articles about both Dinner in Melbourne and Noma in Sydney.  While I find articles about (and by) Rene Redzepi endlessly fascinating, and I totally appreciate everything he has done with Noma in Sydney, I have always thought that I would much rather eat at Dinner by HB.  In other words, I would prefer to read about Noma, but I think I'd rather eat at Dinner by HB.  Obviously the philosophies are totally different and one on hand not directly comparable - but the comparison is bound to be made due to their expense, reputation, celebrity associates etc etc.

ChrisZ

ChrisZ

Looks lovely... have wondered if I can justify the expense next time I'm in Melbourne.  Can you shed some light on the booking process - is there a waiting list, set time to finish by, etc etc?