• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Elsie,

I have the Kindle edition of this and have enjoyed every minute of reading it. However due to circumstances beyond my control I have not yet cooked anything from it.  I do not think it would meet anyone's requirements for something they might consider "authentic" whatever you consider that word to mean.  But if you are looking for a wide variety of what appeared to be very tasty dishes then I think you will get some joy out of this book. I hate commenting on a book that I have not yet cooked from but there it is. 

Anna N

Anna N

Elsie,

I have the Kindle edition of this and have enjoyed every minute of reading it. However due to circumstances beyond my control I have not yet cooked anything from it.  I do not think it would meet anyone's requirements for something they might consider "authentic" whatever you consider that word to mean.  But if you are looking for a wide variety of what appeared to be very tasty dishes then I think we'll get some joy out of this book. I hate commenting on a book that I have not yet cooked from but there it is.