• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

took out a say d

I have searched the site and found a few references about this book here and there but there is not a thread dedicated to it.  I am thinking about buying this book but would like to know what others who have this book think of it.  I know there are Lucky Peach fans on this site and that they think highly of this publication and wondered if that carried on through to the book.  I have a few Canadian $ (rapidly shrinking relative to their US counterpart) and would like to use this money to buy an Asian cookbook, a salad book and a pressure cooker book to use with the Instant Pot.   The latter two I know which ones I want but the Asian one I am not sure about.  The Lucky Peach book appeals to me because it is said to be easy and does not need hard-to-find-ingredients.  Any thoughts?

ElsieD

ElsieD

I have searched the site and found d a few references about this book here and there but there is not a thread dedicated to it.  I am thinking about buying this book but would like to know what others who have this book think of it.  I know there are Lucky Peach fans on this site and that they think highly of this publication and wondered if that carried on through to the book.  I have a few Canadian $ (rapidly shrinking relative to their US counterpart) and would like to use this money to buy an Asian cookbook, a salad book and a pressure cooker book to use with the Instant Pot.   The latter two I know which ones I want but the Asian one I am not sure about.  The Lucky Peach book appeals to me because it is said to be easy and does not need hard-to-find-ingredients.  Any thoughts?