• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JTravel

JTravel

Now...back to Mexican.

We found a new place, a block away, but so hidden we would never have found it without someone pointing it out.

This is Atila del Sur , in the Espacia Zapata.  When you look in you see prints and printing presses, but walk in and 

Wander till you find this bright ,cozy place.

Eduardo is the chef and he makes everything for you "a la minute". He shops each morning, plans his menu, and has the daily special, comida corrida for 75 pesos with drink, soup and main plate.  Last week we had lemon and cucumber ""agua", cabbage soup, and each of us had one of main choices.  DH had the fish in a wrapper and fried, with a nice salad. I had small tortillas filled with chicken, rolled and fried with salad with tomatoes, guacamole, red onions, and of course black bean purée . Both delicious and we cleaned our plates.

The first time we went DH had his Azteca soup, assembled bit by bit, the best I've had.  I had a Tlayuda, huge and excellent but a bit too much greens for me. Each dish was a meal for around 60 pesos. Top Notch.imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2a459cbdaa822ccimageproxy.php?img=&key=d2a459cbdaa822ccimageproxy.php?img=&key=d2a459cbdaa822cc

What a find!

JTravel

JTravel

Now...back to Mexican.

We found a new place, a block away, but so hidden we would never have found it without someone pointing it out.

This is Atila del Sur , in the Espacia Zapata.  When you look in you see prints and printing presses, but walk in and 

Wander till you find this bright ,cozy place.

Eduardo is the chef and he makes everything for you "a la minute". He shops each morning, plans his menu, and has the daily special, comida corrida for 75 pesos with drink, soup and main plate.  Last week we had lemon and cucumber ""agua", cabbage soup, and each of us had one of main choices.  DH had the fish in a wrapper and Friday, with a nice salad. I had small tortillas filled with chicken, rolled and fried with salad with tomatoes, guacamole, red onions, and of course black bean purée . Both delicious and we cleaned our plates.

The first time we went DH had his Azteca soup, assembled bit by bit, the best I've had.  I had a Tlayuda, huge an          excellent but a bit too much greens for me. Each dish was a meal for around 60 pesos. Top Notch.

What a find!