• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

6 hours ago, rarerollingobject said:
6 hours ago, rarerollingobject said:

12721709_10153939187624122_1508848426_n.

[Clear throat...] insert Crocodile Dundee accent: That's not a sandwich. Now this' a sandwich!

Monstrous! Open a stall now.

BonVivant

BonVivant

5 hours ago, rarerollingobject said:
5 hours ago, rarerollingobject said:

My Valentine; hybrid Korean/Taiwanese/Nashville/David Chang hot chicken sandwiches, adapted from ladyandpups.com. Pounded a chicken breast very thin, into one huge jagged piece of chicken (that's the Taiwanese part), brined it in buttermilk, Tabasco, garlic powder and pickle juice, dredged it in tapioca flour (Taiwanese again) and then deep fried it to an impossible crisp. And then pulled on rubber gloves and rubbed a sauce I made from Korean chilli flakes, brown sugar, paprika, garlic, chipotle and white pepper into every nook and nubbiny cranny.

And then shoved it into a soft squishy roll that I'd toasted the innards of with sweet miso butter, stuffed a few cucumber pickles and a shiso leaf inside, and handed it to my ravenous Valentine. (After, yes, pulling a corner of batter off the bottom corner for, you know, testing purposes.)

12721709_10153939187624122_1508848426_n.

[Clear throat...] insert Crocodile Dundee accent: That's not a sandwich. Now that's a sandwich!

Monstrous! Open a stall now.