• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Starting to Make Chocolates!

Hi everyone,

I am a home chocolatier (aka Rob Pratt). 

I recently started making chocolates at home and I also started a blog to share my experiences (www.ahomechocolatier.com). Theres so much to learn, but I have been having fun in the kitchen. Over the years I have become quite a good cook but making chocolates has opened a new world. I look forward to sharing ideas, my successes and a few failures …. but always having fun along the way.

regards

Rob Pratt (a home chocolatier)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jim loellbach said:

Hi Rob,

I'm new here too, and also very interested in chocolate.  This is a great resource, maybe more practical information gathered together here than any other source I know of.  Where are you located?

Hi Jim,

I am located NW of London. The forum looks to be a good reference source. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for pear ganache ideas. I have been looking at lots of flavours as fillings for chocolates. Recently made Rose Truffles with tempered chocolate outer layer. Making the ganache for these beauties involved making a rose petal infused sugar syrup which was a great success. I am presently working on a Passion Fruit/ white chocolate soft ganache filling for 70% dark chocolate heart moulded shell cases, for valentines day. Should be all ok for completing them next saturday! 

I will share my experiences in the forum soon. 

• Like 1