• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

DLC8 replacement motor

Kahrs

Yes, the tenants managed to put a hole in my DLC-8P motor base (how, I do not know).  Any suggestions for a compatible replacement?  Looking on epay, I see items like DLC-8 Plus along with other models like DLC-8F.  What are the differences in the various builds?

Thanks!

I have various Cuisinarts in my basement that I no longer use, so I went to see what the DLC8P looked like to know whether it looked like anything downstairs.  Have you tried the usual replacement parts sites? Do you just need the housing or is the motor itself damaged?

I'll keep an eye out for one - I often see just the base at thrift stores - usually don't bother to buy them because when I give away a food processor I want it to have the blades and such.

• Like 1