• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

removed unwanted link

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it is Montenegro-heavy, I decided to start a new thread!

Forged & Bound (Jacques Bezuidenhout via Gaz Regan) with Wild Turkey 101 rye whiskey, Amaro Montenegro, St. George coffee liqueur (substituted for Galliano Ristretto), green Chartreuse, Abbott's bitters (Tempus Fugit).

24144669219_e6ee6dc6aa_z.jpg

It was boozy as expected and surprisingly rough around the edges for something with so much Montenegro. Interesting flavors. Chartreuse and coffee is a great combo already, and Montenegro adds saffron and deep/muted orange peel notes.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it is Montenegro-heavy, I decided to start a new thread!

Forged & Bound (Jacques Bezuidenhout via Gaz Regan) with Wild Turkey 101 rye whiskey, Amaro Montenegro, St. George coffee liqueur (substituted for Galliano Ristretto), green Chartreuse, Abbott's bitters (Tempus Fugit).

24144669219_e6ee6dc6aa_z.jpg

It was boozy as expected and surprisingly rough around the edges for something with so much Montenegro. Interesting flavors. Chartreuse and coffee is a great combo already, and Montenegro adds saffron and deep/muted orange peel notes.