• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2016 (Part 1)

Patrick S

27 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Anna N  

mushrooms work quite well with Tomatoes !

should you choose to at pepperoni,  

which has its place.

then that might need to be reviewed in the Pizza thead

I make Pizza-ish all the times

some times I forget the pepperoni

it might be better that way

unless, well  it Pizza-ish you want.

Nope. NEVER pepperoni. I spent 50+ years  picking it off because the husband and kids always ordered pepperoni on the pizza. When you must eat alone the only consolation you have is freedom of choice especially of what goes on your pizza :P

• Like 6

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

31 minutes ago, rotuts said:

fair enough.

kippers ?

bangers ?

Lovely.  Just not on my pizza. 

• Like 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Got back last night from a trip away (down to the Vietnam border area) and have nothing in the house except these supermarket cha siu steamed buns (叉烧包) which I keep in the freezer for just such an emergency.

baozi.jpg

The dipping sauce is soy sauce and  Zhenjiang black vinegar.

• Like 12

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Maybe we need a special toastie devotee topic. 

image.jpegOlive sourdough, grilled one side, flipped, buttered and topped with leg ham, homemade spicy papaya relish and tasty cheddar. Melt cheese and grind on pepper.

Technically breakfast although 1.30 pm.

• Like 12

Toasted English muffin topped with sautéed greens and mushrooms and poached eggs:

IMG_3186.jpg

Host's note: in order to reduce the load on our servers, this topic has been split into multiple parts; the next course is here.

Edited by Smithy
Added host's note (log)
  • Like 10