• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2016 (Part 1)

Patrick S

54 minutes ago, kayb said:

Or eat a lot of boiled eggs.

They ARE cute. If I weren't on a mission to get rid of "stuff"....

I'm wih you. The temptation lasted barely a second  as I struggle from clutter to minimalism.  Not to say they aren't as cute as can be.

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

These breakfasts are just awesome. If someone would make any of them for me I would devour them. I am unable to think of anything complicated until after I've had tea and toast - well, I can manage a bagel if we have any - and after my tea, i don't need to eat anything more until lunch.:)

And I do drink a lot of tea - I have a standing, recurring order for loose, whole leaf darjeeling with Mighty Leaf - so those little hands would be used here. But like so many others here, I would have to get rid of some of the current stuff to store any new stuff. And I like my stuff......

Edited by ElainaA (log)
  • Like 4

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

image.jpeg

Toasted rye bread with goat cheese and Trader Joe's bruschetta.

• Like 8

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpeg Chopped boiled egg on toasted rye with Suvir's tomato chutney.

• Like 6

My 2004 eG Blog

Blue Dolphin, what a great idea. Moe would love sausage rolled in pancakes.  I'll try and remember to do that next time.

Today's breakfast. So far.

Baguettes%20April%2011th%2C%202016-XL.jp

Baguette came out of the oven last night.  

Baguettes%20Crumb%20April%2012th%2C%2020

Sliced early this morning  

Baguettes%20toasted%20April%2012th%2C%20

for toast.

Yesterday's breakfast

Sausage%2C%20mushrooms%20and%20eggs%20Ap

Edited by Ann_T (log)
  • Like 12

image.jpeg Inspired by Sara  Moulton.   A fried kielbasa, kimchi, cheddar melt. Woke up my taste buds but put the rest of me into a food coma. 

• Like 10

My 2004 eG Blog

For some unknown reason, I decided to fry some rounds of slightly stale sliced baguette (store-bought) instead of making toast. I wasn't sure of the timing so managed to slightly overcook my poached duck egg. Oh well. It tasted fine.

pe1.jpg

pe2.jpg

• Like 6

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

image.jpeg

Fried kielbasa, egg and toasted muffin. 

• Like 4

My 2004 eG Blog

nest time you try FT's, add a little dark rum to the batter and some sugar.  is you are using maple syrup, add a little to that same batter.  make sure the older bread gets the time to soak it all up.

thick cut is nice w older bread.  just pan sauté a bit slower  due to the sugar,

• Like 2

image.jpg

I drove up to Barrie this am to Demo my Eztemper - arrived  early due to my speeding. So have time for breakfast great little diner. Eggs Benny on a cheese biscuit with home fries.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Like 12

image.jpeg

Asparagus, mushrooms and potatoe hash topped with a fried egg.  Potatoes cooked in the Instant Pot. 

• Like 10

My 2004 eG Blog