Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

SLB

Salad 2016 –

Recommended Posts

Tomatoes on ricotta shmear with feta, some random left over dressing 

 

CC5062AD-E080-4EA7-A581-76D0569B9AD8.thumb.jpeg.b88574ddb1d5a6a731ca3fc630b7f544.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, shain said:

Panzanella.

 

 

IMG_20190907_211354.jpg

My mouth is watering.  You, sir, are a genius chef.

 

  • Like 3

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

Cheers & Chocolates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beets on ricotta with parsley, cilantro, scallions, peanuts.

 

CAF4DFED-2E4F-437F-8060-DDA53CFC354E.thumb.jpeg.8ce35277c179f0ef6dc944c118f36662.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Delicious 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Okanagancook said:

Beets on ricotta....brilliant 

Thank you.  I happened to have a container of ricotta that needs to used up.  So ricotta goes with everything over the next few days :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking through Nigel Slater.’s Kitchen Diaries...page 156  Orange and Ricotta Pancakes...just say’n 😍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chefmd said:

Thank you.  I happened to have a container of ricotta that needs to used up.  So ricotta goes with everything over the next few days :)

 

Ricotta ravioli!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On toast. Make toast, butter it. Add a nice layer of ricotta. Then you can add a variety of things, or not. I like thin slices of tomato and salt and pepper. I am also very fond of a drizzle of honey or sorghum on the ricotta layer, then and salt and pepper. Excellent on a white pullman loaf or a rustic crusty loaf or a rye bread. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one roasted beet, half of day old avocado, very (and I mean very) ripe pear.  Blue cheese and cashews sprinkled on top, dressed with lime juice and olive oil.  Must go shopping for herbs.

FA113E18-C04B-433A-8F41-7214E43E0362.thumb.jpeg.b8ffaed23442a1b920c7424fd120ebe8.jpeg

 

  • Like 3
  • Delicious 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chefmd said:

I had one roasted beet, half of day old avocado, very (and I mean very) ripe pear.  Blue cheese and cashews sprinkled on top, dressed with lime juice and olive oil.  Must go shopping for herbs.

FA113E18-C04B-433A-8F41-7214E43E0362.thumb.jpeg.b8ffaed23442a1b920c7424fd120ebe8.jpeg

 

 

Gorgeous.  Reminds me I have two avocadoes in the bedroom not getting any younger.  No beets nor pear, but I do have a shipment of cashews arriving from nuts.com, next day delivery.  And half a pound of the world's best cheese.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

 

Gorgeous.  Reminds me I have two avocadoes in the bedroom not getting any younger.  No beets nor pear, but I do have a shipment of cashews arriving from nuts.com, next day delivery.  And half a pound of the world's best cheese.

 

Nothing in my bedroom is getting any younger either.  And that includes me ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a bowl of cashews with my mai tai -- does that qualify as a salad?  (I checked with the avocados and they said they might wait a day or two.)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brussels sprouts, carrots, parsley, cilantro, scallions dressed with lime juice, olive oil, salt

694F30C3-C53B-496C-952C-48ACACB4C79A.thumb.jpeg.9265f245ecdc2715094043cfa3df03d3.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Delicious 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...