• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

Spelling

15 hours ago, Smithy said:

chefmd, how did you shave the sprouts?  The one time I tried a mandoline it took forever.  I don't have a food processory in my current location, and I'm hoping for a "magic bullet" solution - that is, something less labor intensive than hand-slicing with a knife.  ;)

A Benriner mandolins works well but I often just resort to using a nice sharp knife.  Cut off the root end, cut in half and shred.  But I like using my knives 

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

6 hours ago, Smithy said:

chefmd, how did you shave the sprouts?  The one time I tried a mandoline it took forever.  I don't have a food processory in my current location, and I'm hoping for a "magic bullet" solution - that is, something less labor intensive than hand-slicing with a knife.  ;)

A Brenier mandolins works well but I often just resort to using a nice sharp knife.  Cut off the root end, cut in half and shred.  But I like using my knives